Welcome to the Current Middle Ages
The Barony of Myrgan Wood is the North Saskatchewan branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism. Our territory includes everything north of the South Saskatchewan River including Saskatoon, Humboldt, Prince Albert, Meadow Lake, North Battleford, Rosetown, and various other communities. Myrgan Wood resides in the Kingdom of Avacal.
Myrgan Wood is strong in the Arts and Sciences. Regular classes and/or project nights are held every weekly meeting.
Classes are typically held in conjuction with fight practice on Tuesday nights. However, sometimes special classes are held at other times.
On any Tuesday evening, come and socialize, stitch, and chat. Work on any project and come for the company.
We welcome anyone who would like to present a class. Contact Minister of Arts & Sciences for more information.
A new Arts and Science Champion will be chosen at Spring Champions; see below for more information.
Main section: Bardic & Period Music Section
The title of Champion of Arts and Sciences is awarded to the winner of the A&S tournament held each April at our Spring Champions event.
These are the Guidelines for any who wish to enter any Champion Tourney related to the Champions of the Barony of Myrgan Wood. All criteria must be met in order to enter the Championship.
Arts and Sciences are just what they sound like. The line between what is an "art" and what is a "science" is often blurred, hence one person organizes workshops in both areas, and helps people find others to help them in specific areas of interest.
These are the Guidelines for any who wish to enter an Arts and Science Champion Tourney in the Barony of Myrgan Wood. All criteria must be met in order to enter the Championship.
1. All entrants shall have a paid membership to SCA Inc. and maintain the same during their tenure as a Champion of Myrgan Wood.
2. All entrants shall be willing to run or arrange for an individual to run a tournament in approximately one year's time to choose a successor.
3. All entrants shall be willing to display a piece of regalia to show they are a Champion of the Barony of Myrgan Wood, in the event they should be deemed a Champion of Myrgan Wood.
4. All entrants shall be willing to subscribe to the Myrgan Wood Yahoo mailing list, in the event they should be deemed a Champion of Myrgan Wood.
5. All entrants shall be willing to run or arrange for an individual to run any minor tournaments at a Myrgan Wood event, as part of fostering participation in their particular field, if called upon, in the event they should be deemed a Champion of Myrgan Wood.
6. All entrants shall be willing to serve behind the Myrgan Wood Thrones as Champion, and as retinue for the Excellencies of Myrgan Wood, in the event they should be deemed a Champion of Myrgan Wood.
Myrgan Wood Arts & Sciences Competition Scoring Card ~ Posted September 2016
Myrgan Wood Arts & Sciences Judges Rubric ~
Posted September 2016
Last updated 6 September 2016