Dame Arwyn of Leicester
Purpure crusily Latin, a Bourchier knot, a bordure Or, augmented
Dame Arwyn of Leicester, OP, OL has two personas and also goes by Amira al-Aliyya. She is often teaching classes, helping at a heraldic consulting table or fighting heavy on the field. You can also find her at Pennsic War helping coordinate Avacal's populace to go to the biggest Known World Event.
Arwyn came to Avacal via Ealdormere which was originally part of the Middle Kingdom and a brief time in East Kingdom. Since 2008, she has been an active member of Avacal.
Within the SCA, she is probably most known as a herald who can find ways to pass your submission or knows someone who can. Also, she fights two stick like her knight, Duke Barak Hasdrubal and does food science research.
- Loves to use her everyday engineering degree to understand A&S from a process perspective.
- Spice and flavouring recipe analysis initially focussing on England and now expanding to additional regions
- Over the fire cooking
- Pennsic but be warned that she may talk your ear off.
- Heraldry, originally a device herald and now a name and administrative herald too.
- Islamic and Persian world including drumming and costuming.
- Fighting is her first love and especially fighting at Pennsic!
- Closet bard and scribe
- Charles O'Connor was elevated to the Pelican at Pennsic X (East) in A.S. XVI.
- Master Charles O'Connor, OP, OL took Fiona Averylle O'Connor of Maidenhead as a protege.
- Baroness Fiona Averylle O'Connor of Maidenhead was elevated to the Pelican by the Middle Kingdom in A.S. XXV.
- Baroness Fiona Averylle O'Connor of Maidenhead, OP took Arwyn as her last protege on 9th day of October A.S. XXXIV. Fiona was the head of Dommus Chrydelephantina whose motto is "Who does, teaches" and she left this world on November 18, 2000.
- Graidhne ni Ruaidh was elevated to the Pelican at Pennsic XIII (Middle) in A.S. XIX (which was also the year Arwyn's knight, Duke Barak Hasdrubal, was King of the East at Pennsic for the second time).
- Mistress Graidne ni Ruaidh OP, OL took Cerdic O'Cuileamhain as a protege and during his time in Ealdormere, he was fostered to Baroness Fiona Averylle O'Connor of Maidenhead, OP.
- Cerdic O'Cuileamhain was elevated to the Pelican by Ealdormere in Aethelmarc in A.S. XXXIV just before Baroness Fiona's death that November. Both Graidne and Fiona spoke.
- Master Cerdic O'Cuileamhain, OP took Arwyn on as a protege at Pennsic XXX in A.S. XXXVI
- In A.S. LIII (2018), HRM Fergus and Kora elevated Arwyn to the Pelican at Yule on the advice of their predecessors, Ivarr and Asney. Cerdic spoke and told the history.
- Dame Arwyn of Leicester, OP, OL has no students or proteges on this path.
- Kataryna Tkach (also known as Kataryna Dragonweaver) was not an apprentice to anyone.
- Kataryna Tkach was elevated to the Laurel in A.S. L by Albrecht von Rügen and Nasheeta Al-Rakkasa Machiavelli.
- Mistress Kataryna Tkach, OL took Arwyn as an apprentice at Yule in A.S. LII (2017).
- In A.S. LIV (2019), HRM Ivarr and Asney elevated Arwyn of Leicester to the Laurel at Yule on the advice of their predecessors, Angar and Saxa.
- Dame Arwyn of Leicester, OP, OL has two apprentices, Ulrich von Kues (Ealdormere) and Jane de la Marché (Myrgan Wood).
- Order of the Laurel (Avacal, December 7th, 2019)
- Order of the Pelican (Avacal, December 8th, 2018)
- Order of the Winged Lynx (Avacal, December 9th, 2017)
- Augmentation of Arms (Avacal, November 21st, 2015)
- Order of the Goutte de Sang (An Tir, June 28th, 2014)
- Wain (Ealdormere, February 8th, 2003)
- Maiden's Heart (Ealdormere, June 29th, 2002)
- Award of Arms (Midrealm, January 28th, 1995)