Peter von Setzingen
|Azure, an owl contourny perched upon and sustaining a sword fesswise reversed Or|
Peter was born in 1320, the youngest child of Hans and Hilde. Hans was the carpenter and leatherworker for the small town of Setzingen, in southern Germany. His other children included Fritz, Els, and Steffan. Peter and his brothers all learned the skills of their father, including basic reading and writing, however Fritz, as the eldest son, stood to inherit the shop from their father. This left Peter with few options for his future, but plenty of skills to rely on.
One day in the spring, in 1340, a knight, Ritter Thoman von Richthofen stopped at Hans’s shop, looking to get a new saddle made. Once the saddle was finished, Sir Thoman was overly happy with the work that was done, and inquired about Peter’s availability. He proposed to take Peter with him to France, and in return for his skills as a carpenter and leatherworker, Sir Thoman would train Peter how to fight, how to shoot a bow, how to hunt, and how to survive a battle.
In 1346, the knights of the Holy Roman Empire aided the English at the Battle of Crécy, a decisive English victory. Peter survived the battle as an archer, but Sir Thoman did not. Peter remained with the contingent of knights in northern France for the next couple years, but as stories of sickness and plague started spreading, they felt it was time to return home.
Finally, by early 1350 Peter was able to return to southern Germany and get back to his family home of Setzingen. When he returned it was to his dismay that Peter found his father’s shop abandoned. It had been boarded up and had the marks of warding against the Plague painted on the doors. Peter sought out his sister Els at the house of the man she had married. Els told him that their parents and both his brothers had died of the plague the previous summer.
Peter reopened his father’s shop, and settled in to a comfortable life.
Leatherwork (primarily pouches from the 12th to 16th centuries)
Woodwork (small furniture, nothing fancy, yet)
Sewing (starting small, but starting to work on my own garb)
Heraldry (book, court, and field)
Event organizing and assisting with event prep/cleanup.
Azure, an owl contourny perched upon and sustaining a sword fesswise reversed Or. 
At November Crown in 2015, Albrecht von Rugen and Nasheeta Al-Rakkasa, first King and Queen of Avacal granted many in the kingdom, Peter included, the right to augment their arms with the populace badge of Avacal--quarterly argent and Or, a gryphon's head erased gules--in return for their work in creating the Kingdom Bid, and helping make it happen.
The current heraldry is being processed through the College of Heralds: Azure, an owl contourny perched upon and sustaining a sword fesswise reversed Or, maintaining in bend sinister an estucheon quarterly argent and Or, a gryphon's head erased gules.
Offices & Achievements
Deputy Baronial Herald – Montengarde - August 2009 – September 2010
Baronial Herald – Montengarde - September 2010 – November 2012
Royal Herald – Prince Kirk & Princess Bryjna - July 2010 to February 2011
Champion of Bardic (Wild Rose) – Montengarde - May 2011 – November 2012
Baronial Chatelaine – Montengarde - August 2013 – September 2015
Defender of Arrows – Bitter End - September 2015 – September 2016
- Award of Arms (Avacal) By: Kirk Einarsson, Bryjna Lovisdottir of Axewater Oct 2, 2010 (AS XLV)
- Champion of Bardic (Montengarde) May 7, 2011 (AS XLVI)
- Rose Petal (Montengarde) By: Beothuk of the Beothuks, Wilma the Still Jul 7, 2012 (AS XLVII)
- Wild Rose (Montengarde) By: Beothuk of the Beothuks, Wilma the Still Nov 4, 2012 (AS XLVII)
- Golden Link (Montengarde) By: Kraig von Langenthal, Una Heinrichsdottir Jan 26, 2013 (AS XLVII)
- WOAW (An Tir) Jul 6, 2013 (AS XLVIII)
- Yeoman (Montengarde) By: Una Heinrichsdottir Aug 18, 2013 (AS XLVIII)
- Gilded Griffin (Avacal) By: Toryn Davinson, Evja Torynswife Jun 14, 2014 (AS XLIX)
- Goutte de Sang (An Tir) By: Eirik Daegarsson, Drifinna Ulfgarsdottir Jun 28, 2014 (AS XLIX)
- Bountiful Hand (An Tir) By: Styrkarr Jarlsskald, Stjarna Dec 13, 2014 (AS XLIX)
- Forget-me-not (An Tir) By: Stjarna Dec 13, 2014 (AS XLIX)
- Golden Flame (Avacal) By: Kvigr Ivarsson, Svava Suanhuita Jan 17, 2015 (AS XLIX)
- Defender of Arrows (Bitter End) Sep 12, 2015 (AS L) through Sep 9, 2016 (AS LI)
- Augmentation of Arms (Avacal) By: Albrecht von Rugen, Nasheeta Al-Rakkasa Machiavelli Nov 21, 2015 (AS L)
- Heart of the Minotaur (Montengarde) By: Kraig von Langenthal, Una Heinrichsdottir Jan 23, 2016 (AS L)